Sidor

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tovat - Felted

Äntligen har jag kommit igång med att tova i tvättmaskinen! Eftersom jag är både lat och snål, så kommer det inte naturligt för mig att göra provlappar och testtova. Jag vill ju att varje garnstump ska bli något! Men nu så...

I finally got started on felting in the laundry machine! Since I'm both lazy and stingy, it doesn't come naturally for me to make samples and test felt. I want every yarn end to become something! But now...


Nu har jag testat flera av mina ullgarner. Och ett garn som jag trodde var ull, men som inte tovade sig alls. Förvirring! Det är några nystan från svärmors hög, stickigt och ser aningen växtfärgat ut. Funderar på om det rent av kan vara lin? Har svårt att tro att det skulle vara superwash, och akryl är det inte!

I have tried most of my wool yarns now. And a yarn I thought was wool, but didn't felt at all. Confusion! There are a few balls from my mother-in-law's stack, itchy and looks kind of dyed with plants. I'm thinking it might even be linen? Hard to believe that it would be superwash, and it's not acrylic!


Det mest positiva med att jag börjat filta är nog att jag kommer bli så ordentlig med vår tvätt. Jag låter nämligen stickningen dansa runt med våra kläder. Oj, vad jag kommer att tvätta!

The most positive thing about me starting to felt is probably that I'm going to be very well-managed with our laundry. See, I let the knitting dance around with our clothes. Oh my, am I gonna do the laundry!


Så fort den här är färdig så ska den in i tvättmaskinen. Vad det blir får ni se när den är färdig. Den kanske får med sig en kompis.

As soon as this is finished it's going into the laundry machine. You'll get to see what it is when it's all done. It might even get the company of a friend.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

well, if the only way to do the laundry is to knit....then knit!!!
I'm one of those strange people who don't mind the laundry....even when the kids were little and made a big mess...nothing like clean clothes....that just made me feel guilty...all those poor people who don't have clothes to clean!! :(

Post a Comment