Sidor

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Färdig! - Done!

Nu är jag färdig med min första snöstorps-stickning. Det är ingen snabb teknik, eftersom resultatet blir dubbelstickat. Men mjukt och värmande blir det!

Now I am done with my first snöstorps-knitting. It is not a fast technique, since the result is double knitted. But it is soft and warming!


När jag började sticka så trodde jag att stickningen skulle töja ut sig mer på bredden, men det gjorde den inte. Därför blev den inte den sjal jag förväntat mig, men jag tycker att den ändå går att använda som axelvärmare. För att hålla ihop den har jag virkat en blomma som jag fäst på en stor broschnål.

When I started knitting, I thought it would stretch out more on the width than it did. So it didn't turn out to be the shawl I was expecting, but I still think it can be used to warm the shoulders. To hold it together, I crocheted a flower and attached it to a big brooch pin.


Eftersom den inte blev så bred stickade jag den längre än jag tänkt, så nu går den utmärkt att ha som halsduk. Garnet är billig akryl, och det gick åt 200 g på 8 mm stickor. Nästa gång ska jag nog försöka få den bredare, kanske i ull på tjockare stickor.

Since it didn't get that wide, I knitted it longer than I had planned, and now it is also great as a scarf. The yarn I used is cheap acrylic, and I used 200 g on 8 mm needles. Next time I'll try to get it wider, maybe in wool on thicker needles.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

hello.....is that you? that we can almost see? the knitting turned out so well....and you finished it!!! you get a gold star just for doing that!!!! using cheap acrylic is a good way to try something out, so now you know what you want for the next time...wish I could find more of the wool I found yesterday and send it to you.... they only had a few balls that were worth buying....but I'll keep an eye out in that store now....and maybe suggest that they tidy the place up a bit....or maybe not...if it's too nice, more people will go and buy all the cheap/expensive yarn.!!!!
have a nice afternoon Nilla...hope you're feeling better.
xx

Emilia said...

Jättefin!

Livet på Gräddhyllan! said...

Du e duktig du :)

Maria said...

Så fin den blev! Du kan ju använda den på flera olika sätt, Och blomman blev pricken över i!

Anonymous said...

De där va väldigt snyggt, blommat blev som någon skrev över pricken över I:et :)

Post a Comment