Sidor

Monday, January 17, 2011

En blåsig måndag

A windy monday

Det blåser idag. Det är grått ute och snön smälter bort, men det är så fint här inne. Färska blommor, och ovanligt välstädat. (De vackra tulpanerna fick vi av en svägerska.)

It's windy today. It's grey outside and the snow is melting away, but it is so nice here inside. Fresh flowers, and unusually tidy. (We received these beautiful tulips from a sister-in-law.)


Makens närmaste familj skulle fira svärfars födelsedag hos oss. Tyvärr blev han inlagd på sjukhuset, men vi andra samlades här och åt middag innan alla åkte och träffade honom. Familjen är ganska utspridd och träffas inte så ofta, så det är extra trevligt när det väl händer.

My husband's closest family were to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday at our home. Unfortunately, he was taken into hospital, but the rest of us was gathered here and had dinner before they all went to see him. The family is quite spread out and doesn't meet that often, so it's extra nice when it really happens.
 

Jag upptäckte också att båda mina svägerskor handarbetar. Den ena stickar och den andra virkar. Trevligt!

I also found out that both my sisters-in-law do needlework. One knits and the other does crochet. Nice!


Jag har stickat så mycket på sistone, att jag blev sugen på att virka något. Detta är mitt nästa projekt - att virka ett överdrag till min slitna pianopall.

I have been knitting so much lately, that I felt like doing some crochet. This is my next project - to crochet a cover for my worn piano stool.


Jag tänkte göra en massa små rutor i olika färger, helt enkelt. Kan nog bli bra. Funderar på att måla om benen på den också. Har inte bestämt mig än, men å andra sidan har det nog aldrig hänt att jag låtit bli att måla om något, när jag väl har tänkt tanken... Så frågan är nog bara vilken färg? Grått? Vitt? Eller kanske något mer vågat?

I was thinking that I simply would make a lot of small squares in different colours. Should turn out nicely. I'm thinking that I might paint the legs of the stool too. Haven't decided yet, but then I don't think it ever happened that I thought about painting something and then didn't... So I guess the question is what colour? Grey? White? Or perhaps something more bold?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hope all goes well with your FIL...I would wait until the cover is done to see which colour for the legs!! but that's me!! Hope the sun shines...we are supposed to get ice and rain....yuk!!
M

Evvvelyn said...

Vitt funkar alltid :)

Post a Comment