Sidor

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Decoupage on fabric


I love decoupage. I wish I was a good painter, but I'm not. Decoupage lets me make beautiful decoration without being able to make pretty flowers by hand. Love it!

If you're not familiar with decoupage, it's a technique where you use a glue/varnish to stick the top layer of a paper napkin on a surface. Like on this canvas. The text is my making, but the flowers are decoupage.


I have used decoupage on multiple objects, but now also on fabric. It opens a world full of possibilities! I have made pillow cases for the couch (I made a green painting and the pillows didn't match) and decided to try decoupage when I ran out of green fabric.


I used one motif with stars and one with flowers, the one I used on the canvas. It turned out great! The glue feels a little plastic when it dries, but that's fine.


I tested to use the napkin as it was on one pillow.


Then I cut out the flowers and formed a bouquet on the front of the next pillow...


 ... and on the back I just spread them out.


I also made a new lamp shade for the window. It is a piece of fabric glued with hot glue to the wire frame. I love that I now have a matching canvas, lamp and pillows in this room!

2 comments:

jabbott said...

Hello again. Im so glad you are blogging again. Happy new year and I love this post. I too love decoupage its a very satisfying craft x

Annai Vermi said...

Nice article

Post a Comment