Sidor

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Towel crochet edging

In our downstairs bathroom, we can't use standard towels next to the basin. We need the smaller size, like a guest towel. However, when I went shopping for towels, I couldn't find anything in that size that I liked. So I bought the standard size and cut off the bottom part.





I used blanket stitch on the cut raw end, and I made crochet edgings using those stitches.




Short enough!




The patterns I used were simple ones, not building too much since I needed the towels to be short.

The left: ch 2, *skip one stitch, (2 hdc, ch 2, 2hdc) in the same stitch, skip one stitch* repeat from * to *

The middle: *sc, skip one stitch, 5 dc in the same stitch, skip one stitch* repeat

The right: front side facing you, make sc the entire row. Without turning the towel, use crab stitch the entire way back.




I am very happy with the outcome. Oh, and the rugs are brand new, that's why they look so clean.



1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment