Sidor

Friday, July 13, 2012

Improvising

I thought it was about time I shared a little crochet again. Haven't been too much of that lately, and I have the feeling that most of you kind of likes crochet. Right?


This is my latest project. I'm in that mood when I love to start up new projects all the time. Just before the summer break, I was in my favorite yarn shop with my family. She had some cheap cotton yarn, and longing for something fun to make, I asked my daughter if she wanted me to make her something to wear? Of course she did! So she got to pick the colors. Two balls red, three pink and four light green. Very light, it almost looks gray compared to the stronger pink and red.


So what am I making, you wonder. Well... ehm... I don't know?! You see, I have no idea how far I will get with the yarn, and I had no great idea either. So I thought I would start making some granny squares and see where it will take me. I'm improvising, big time! :) 


I have to admit that I'm a little anxious about it all. You see, being the lazy girl that I am, I decided to join as I go. It's faster, and I use less yarn. But you know, it would be really hard to change plans in the middle of the project! So I keep joining, hoping it will turn out to something she will enjoy wearing. The plan so far is to make a tube, a little wider than Elsa around the waist. I'm hoping I have enough yarn for something like a tunic, but a sweater is fine too. When the tube is long enough (or when I'm running out of yarn) I'll decide on the rest. I'm thinking something simple, like the two tunics I have already made her (Granny square and Lady Bug). It would be lovely if I have enough yarn for a short sleeve, I think. Well, I think I'll just have to crochet and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment