Sidor

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A purse for the purse?

The language can be so confusing sometimes, especially when it's not your mother tongue. All the nuances and different meanings of the words... I try my best to find the right words for things, so feel free to correct me when I'm wrong or not making any sense! They didn't talk much about knitting and crochet in my English classes in school...

I want to show you this little thing today, it's a little purse. Not for money (I think) but for those little things you keep in your handbag and never seem to find when you need them. A purse for the purse, so to say... (What would you call that??)



This is the one I crocheted after trying to felt a knitted one to the size I wanted. I only felted this by hand, to have more control over the process. That's why you can still see the stitches. 


The lady who ordered this one from me really liked the cerise flowers on the gray background on the one I have, so I pulled out my ribbons to try to create the same feeling on this one. I hope she will like the result, I am quite pleased with it if I may say so. Some trouble in paradise though, the ribbon embroidery created a mess on the inside, so I realized I would have to line it to stop the future content of the purse to get tangled up in the ribbons.


I can honestly say I feel more at home with my hooks and knitting needles now, than I do with my sewing needles. And she wanted a zipper too. There is no other time then now when I have inspiration for something, so I dug through my fabrics and actually found something suitable in the right color. It used to be the body lining on a girl's dress and I managed to cut out a piece that was (almost) big enough. One inch more would have been lovely, but it was close enough for me. I used my sewing machine to attach the zipper to the lining, and then I hand stitched it to the purse. I liked that method, and it gave a neater result than I had hoped for. So now I will present this purse for my lady friend and hope she likes it!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

it all depends on which English you are speaking...in England you put a money purse in your handbag. In the US you put your change purse in your purse or your wallet in your purse or pocketbook...when I ask husband to get my purse I mean the money one...he brings me my handbag...so you can have a purse in your purse...and such a pretty one it is too...and your English... it is perfect...no one would know it wasn't your first language...I still think you should get a job with Goggle and translate... :) :) :) well maybe when the kids are grown...can they speak it too?

matte said...

Söt! och vilken smart idé med handtagsskydden till stekpannorna.

Emilia said...

Väldigt söt!

Ja bloggvärlden är bra liten ibland ;)

Post a Comment