Sidor

Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm thinking bags

I was searching my yarn boxes today. I was going to the church sewing circle and had to start a new project. Preferably something that I could donate to the charity auction said sewing circle has every year in November. I was thinking mitts. I started looking for thin, soft wool. And... well, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but here you have the result.


 How did I end up in the boxes with my chunkiest wool? Or the box with itchy wool? Well, anyway... The colors. I blame the colors. For some time now, I have been dreaming about crocheting something with pink and green. Most likely a bag, with flowers. African flowers. For me...


The small one is for me. I just couldn't help myself. Hard to catch the colors in the autumn light, but it looks kind of vintage to me. In reality at least. I'm thinking some kind of old style bag, maybe. Rather small. I might try felting the whole thing when it's done. If I dare. I'm even considering lining, that's a first! But I still had nothing for the sewing circle...


Looked around on Flickr for inspiration, and found this, a felted bag with one big African flower on each side. That's something for the charity auction, I thought. Well, I can tell you the ladies at the circle loved my flowers. Only problem is, I don't know how to continue. I don't think I have enough yarn... I love buying on sale, but since everybody else does too, it's impossible to get more yarn. I had one ball of gray and one ball of beige (the color in the middle of the flower). And neither one will be enough for a bag. And they don't look great together... The green and pink are just pieces of the same ball, which had four different colors and won't do either. So now I have to think. Wish me luck with that! But I love them too much to frog them though, so I have to come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment