Sidor

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Having fun again

 Oh my, I am really bad at updating this blogg regularly. Well, here I am at last. Having a lazy weekend with the kids. Husband is working at a conference and is only home for breakfast. We wanted to see what he was up to, so we paid him a visit today. Didn't take long for the kids to get bored, but then we found the button machine and had real fun for a while. The button machine is a device used to make your own pins. Cut a picture from a magazine or draw your own, put it in the machine and you have your own, unique pin. Didn't think much of it until I had my first go at it, and realized it was so much fun! They look so professional, and you can make them in your personal style. I have rosy curtains and a window with some branches on mine. Love them!


Lately I have spent most of my crafty time making custom ordered things. I like that people want the things I make, but I prefer creating more freely. So I've been bored. Really bored. All orders and the lack of order in my house really made me low. But then Friday was a very special day, a day when I woke up to singing and presents on the bed. Yes, my birthday! My 35th and I'm still enjoying them! Especially when I get so lovely presents from my dear family. Napkins with hearts and reindeers,a huge crochet hook, and knit-pro needles! Wohoo!


Of course I wanted to try them at once, and my kids were nice enough to declare they wanted hats. I started with one for my son, for he actually needs one. The daughter only wants one, the one on the picture but with a pink and white yarn. Not so sure it will look great, but we'll have a go and see how it turns out. I have only one problem. I keep unscrewing the right needle! I obviously turn it a little, little bit when I knit which has now become a risk. A risk that I might unscrew the cable totally and drop stitches! So I'm practicing to turn the needle the other way, or re-screwing it every round. But I'm not really complaining, I love my new needles! Of course. And I love my family, for knowing what I want without me having to tell them. 


Oh, talking of orders, I have been working some on the African Flowers. I have finished all the hexagons and the next step is to weave in all ends and start sewing them together. Maybe I'll do it today. It would be really nice to finish something soon. I have so many other things I want to start, you see. (Ever heard that one before?) Since I use such a chunky yarn it is a pretty fast project to work on. And I like seeing a result at once! Well, I guess we will just have to see what I've been up to next time I post. Hopefully soon... Bye for now!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

you naughty girl for not telling us it was your birthday soon...Happy Birthday anyway and as we say in English Many Happy Returns of the day...what a wonderful family you have who knows what to give mummy to make you happy...
I have those needles and the same thing happened when I first started using them...I take a small sewing needle now to screw them on with...I try to put themon as tightly as I can without being too rough...if you know what i mean...it doesn't happen so often now for some reason...
have a wonderful Sunday Nilla...and Happy Birthday again...
xxx

Post a Comment