Sidor

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Unfinished crochet

 I think it might be a good thing for me, showing you all my unfinished projects like this. Why? Well, it makes me want to finish them to show you how they turned out. And that has to be a good thing.


This basket belonged to my mother-in-law, who passed away seven years ago. She was a crafty lady, and has painted this basket herself. She used to keep some embroidery in there, I think. It felt right to bring it home and use it for crafty stuff. Now, I keep unfinished projects that I'm not working on for the moment in it. On the picture it's filled with bags that I intend to line. I don't really like making lining, since I'm not very good at it. But it gives a more worked feeling to the bag, so I'll do my best.


This is another bag I am meaning to line, and maybe add a zipper to. It is crocheted in wool and felted. I didn't have enough yarn to make a whole handle, so I had to improvise. I wanted to try beads for the handle, but I thought it would roll off the shoulder if I used only beads. So I crocheted and felted part of a handle until I ran out of yarn. For the rest of the handle I used wooden beads and felted wool rolled to balls.


 I'm not sure that I like the way it turned out. I used a wire to thread the beads on, but it is rather uncomfortable in the crocheted part. And it looks a bit weird, doesn't it? I'm thinking about making a new handle, but I don't know how yet. I bought the yarn on sale since they were deleting the colors from the product range, so I can't buy more. Maybe I can find something else in my yarn boxes.



Yes, one more. This was actually the first one. I was meaning to give it to the church sewing circle's annual charity auction, but it was never finished and then my kids got ill and I totally forgot about it. Yes, I'm a bit ashamed. Especially since it's almost done. I just need to attach the handle and line it. Maybe add a zipper. But I'm not completely ashamed, I am honestly a bit relieved too. I only said I might give it away, and then my neighbor forgot about the might and I felt obliged to give it away even though I didn't really want to. But I do feel ashamed that I forgot about the auction and that I didn't donate anything at all to be sold.


Yes, I do love African flowers! I made this one before the two above, but put it aside for a while. This one is supposed to be for me, but so far I have only made this one hexagon... I guess I have enough to keep myself busy for a while. But if I know myself I will probably get started on a few new projects before I finish all of these...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

people who don't knit or hook or do anything crafty, would think how undisciplined we are when seeing all the unfinished projects we all have...I don't think anyone does just one thing at a time...they may work on one thing more than others, but we have bit and pieces stashed away...for me it's a visual thing, I'll see something and I have to try it, or part of it immediately...then I lose interest and move on...but once in a while I either finish everything or frog it all and start fresh...interesting...!!

Pysselfarmor said...

Å så många fina saker du gör! Har klickat runt nu ett bra tag här - African Flowerväskan är helt underbar!

Post a Comment