Sidor

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A new favourite

I have finished the red sweater, and I love it dearly allready. It is soft, cosy, fits me really good, and it is red! :)

(I know, there has been a lot of pictures of me lately. I just find it hard to show the new garments any other way. )


It was an easy pattern to follow, and I will probably use it again with a few changes. I love how open it is around the neck, with a round of crochet in a bulky yarn to keep the shape. I don't know how good you can see the colours, but it goes from dark red through red to a mix of orange and red. Warm and beautiful colours, if you ask me. Wonderful yarn!



Speaking of yarn, I did tell you I was a little worried that I didn't have enough. After all, five balls are not a lot when we are talking about knitting a sweater. When the front and back were finished, I had used up about half. I thought I was on the safe side there, but the arms ate yarn! This is all I had left after making all the stitching... Enough, but not much more! Feel like playing it safe next time. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those colors are gorgeous! It looks very good on you =)
-Maria

darlene said...

That's so pretty!!! (red is my favorite color!) I mostly crochet, but have knit scarves in the past. Just can't seem to get comfortable with two needles, rather than the crochet hook. I have threatened to try sweaters in crochet, but so far am still stuck on afghans!

Post a Comment