Sidor

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Testing ideas

 I frogged it. Yes I did. After my last post, I sat down with it and knitted one more row. Looked at it and realized that even if it would have turned out decently, it wasn't what I wanted so I ripped it all up.

Then I got my knitting books from the shelf and started looking for new, better ideas. Thought that some kind of dropped stitches was what I wanted. Began test knitting. This sea inspired wavy pattern looked nice in the book, but not so much with this yarn. And too wavy for my shawl. Rip it up and keep looking.


Didn't really think this would be great, just wanted to test it. Indian cross stitch. I love it! But I don't think it is right for this particular project. I was planning a wide, short shawl (rectangular) to attach sort of like a poncho. I don't have a good word for it. But the cross stitch might make it too shapeless, I'm afraid. Not really what I'm looking for, but a gorgeous stitch indeed!


Simple dropped stitches with garter stitch. This is more like it, but I'm not convinced.


I was planning to be finished this weekend, but I guess I have to let it rest until I'm sure about what I want. Maybe try some more stitches. It's fun, you know! I'll let you know when I find what I'm looking for. Until then, I will probably make a pile of mitts. Fingerless ones. I'm going away on a little trip with my husband, just over night, but I can use something to knit on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment