Sidor

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A few thoughts

No pictures today, I'm afraid, just me and my thoughts. Hope you're fine with that.

I've been thinking a lot about this blog lately. I haven't been updating a lot lately, and it has a million reasons I guess. But the most obvious reason is that this has turned into a knit and crochet blog, and I don't knit and crochet that much anymore. Not that I don't want to, I am simply busy or too tired to get on with it. I don't work that much, but it makes me tired. And my spare time goes to tending to my family and the house. So I don't have much to show or talk about here, really. I've even thought about closing this down. But I don't really want to. So either you will see less of me around here, or I could go back to blogging about anything that comes across my mind. Or a mix of both. I know some of you will be fine with that, but I also think that a lot of (all of?) my newer followers are here mainly because of my African Flower Bag, hoping for more of the kind. Maybe some day, but I don't want to get your hopes up.

Another thing that I have been thinking about is... are you really reading what I write? I don't get a lot of comments, and I know that some friends and relatives are giving up because of me writing in English. If you are reading, please let me know! I get a feeling most people in the statistics simply browse by in search for nice patterns, not staying or reading much.

Anyway, I have been searching for patterns today. My mum was kind enough to buy me seven lovely skeins of yarn on a trip to a local yarn store. And I would love to make myself a cardigan, or something like that. But as always, it's hard to find a pattern that I like since most of them require soooo much yarn. But I think I have find a few alternatives now. I'll let you know.

Now, I have some laundry to take care of, a pair of fingerless gloves to finish and a shawl. to enlarge. It's made in lovers knots, so it will be dead simple to just pick up where I stopped and make it larger. Hopefully I'll remember to bring the hooks and the extra yarn upstairs this time. Too lazy (and somewhat tired) to hit the stairs again, once I'm up there and in the mood for some crochet.

See you later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand where you're coming from. I had to let go of a blog several months ago after struggling to carve out a block of time to update it regularly. As far as what you write and what you think people will enjoy, go with what YOU enjoy. I, personally, like to hear about the goings on in creative people's lives along with their projects. If they're too busy to post or haven't crafted in a while, it makes me feel a little better about the chaos in my own life. So don't feel bad or guilty about not posting. Write about what you enjoy! Or not at all, if you choose. It's your blog, after all!

Unknown said...

Hello =)
I visit this blog often even though I never left a comment. I enjoy reading about your daily life too, so I won't stop passing by if the main topic of the blog is going to change.
I totally agree with the previous comment: do what makes you feel better, not what others expect from you.
Have a nice day and don't worry too much about what other people think, you could lose readers but I'm sure others would come along to appreciate this lovely blog.
-Maria

hortenzita said...

Hello,
I regularly read you because your blog is saved in my bloglines. I like the northern style, so I will remain your visitor.
Hugs from Hungary:
Zita

sweetbriardreams said...

Hi, I regularly read your blog, along with others but don't usually leave comments even though I really should. I like to write about whatever has moved me to write for a particular week so I can be quite random. You should follow your own instincts and trust that people out there will always come and 'visit'. I sometimes think I seem to only be writing to myself, but sometimes just to type it out and look back on it later myself gives me a sense of achievement and ignites memories of what me and my family have done. Stick with it. Take care. Chel

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! :) And it's not about being creative 24/7; it's about enjoying life. And you seem to have that science down to a tee! :)
xo,
wink

christy said...

Please don't stop blogging or writing in English...I to have you in my reader....hugs Christy

Post a Comment